Training & Policy Coordinator – Columbus, OHFull time @Star House posted 3 weeks ago
Title: Training & Policy Coordinator
Work Location: Star House, 1220 Corrugated Way, Columbus, OH 43201
Reports To: Manager of Team Resources & Development
Position Summary: The Training & Policy Coordinator will provide support, direction, insight and implementation of internal and external training initiatives that inspire, educate and empower Star House employees and volunteers. This role will have responsibility for the development and implementation of key policies and procedures across Star House. Additionally, the Training & Policy Coordinator will support functions of the Manager of Team Resources & Development team as needed.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
The following duties are representative of performance expectations; however, the list below is not ranked in order of importance.
· Reviews existing training programs and policies; suggests enhancements and modifications to improve engagement, learning and retention of employees and volunteers and/or to meet the needs of youth guests, Star House employees and volunteers and all regulatory agencies
· Continually researches methods and techniques in workplace training and policy standards and remain up to date on best-in-class training programs/opportunities
· Assists in the coordination, creation and implementation of each year’s training curriculum and materials to ensure all organization standards as well as compliance and regulatory standards are maintained
· Utilizes existing research and policy to coordinate creation of new policy and evaluation of existing policy
· Navigates complex scheduling needs for training to best serve 24/7/365 operations
· Understands the importance of DEIB (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging) and cultural competence in implementation of all responsibilities and functions
· Identifies issues and opportunities such as operational changes or other internal/external developments that training could improve. Proactively seeks feedback and insight from all employees to ensure effectiveness of training programs
· Organizes, tracks and reports all mandatory and optional training participation to ensure clear organization of records for training received by employees and volunteers
· Modifies course materials and training manuals to coordinate specific training needs
· Collaborates with outside agencies to create and implement training programs that will enhance the service provided by Star House employees and volunteers. Acts as the point-person for training administered by partners or acts as the facilitator for each training program
· Understands the importance of legendary customer service and interacts with all Star House stakeholders with this in mind
· Supports Manager of Team Resources & Development in performing HR-related administrative tasks as necessary
· Performs other related duties as needed
“Job performance is evaluated according to the policy provisions of Star House and the Educational Service Center of Central Ohio-Council of Governments.”
Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Communications, Public Relations, Business, Political Science or related field preferred OR two years of experience in training and policy development
Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, task management systems (ex. Monday.com) and other related software
Previous experience working within social services, non-profit industry or with at-risk populations OR related education
Strong, demonstrated research skills
High emotional intelligence, understanding of trauma-informed care
Verbal and written communication expertise, including but not limited to copywriting and copyediting
Thorough understanding of training processes with demonstrated skills in training curriculum development, prioritization and organization
Strong presentation skills; ability to administer training to individuals and teams, including employees, partners, volunteers and board members
Organized and detail-oriented; able to prioritize and coordinate competing priorities
Note: This assignment requires access or availability to reliable transportation.
· Love unconditionally
· Do whatever it takes, as long as it takes
· Create innovative solutions
Each staff member shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substance and abuse of any prescribed controlled substance in the workplace throughout his/her employment with Star House and the Educational Service Center of Central Ohio – Council of Governments.
Terms of Employment:
Each staff member shall serve as a role model for Star House clients in how to conduct themselves as citizens and as responsible, intelligent human beings. Each staff member has a legal responsibility to help instill in our clients the belief in and practice of ethical principles and democratic values.
It is the responsibility of each staff member to become familiar with both the
Star House and the Educational Service Center of Central Ohio – Council of Governments policy manuals.
Unless an employee has a written employment agreement with Star House, which provides differently, all employment at Star House is “at‐will.” That means that employees may be terminated from employment with Star House with or without cause, and employees are free to leave the employment of Star House with or without cause. Any representation by any Star House officer or employee contrary to this policy is not binding upon Star House unless it is in writing and is signed by the CEO with the approval of the Board of Directors.
Star House shall follow the spirit and intent of all federal, state and local employment law and is committed to equal employment opportunity. To that end, the Board of Directors and CEO of Star House will not discriminate against any employee or applicant in a manner that violates the law. Star House is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $21.00 per hour
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
Columbus, OH 43201: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location