After School Bus Driver – Shelbyville Club – Madison St, Shelbyville, TNPart time @Boys & Girls of Rutherford County posted 4 weeks ago
Position Title: After School Bus Driver
Work Location: Shelbyville, Tennessee
Part-Time Position: 1:45p-3:45p (Mon-Fri)
Starting Rate: $25.00/hr after school & $12.00/hr field trip
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Bus Driver will operate a variety of vehicles, primarily the Boys & Girls Clubs of Bedford County school bus, to safely transport members to and from various locations/programs. The drivers will assist with the loading and unloading of bus/van passengers. Will provide customer service to members and the public during general transportation and pick up and drop off of members. Must abide by and support the Club mission, to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, and responsible citizens.
DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Safely operates a variety of busses/vans, adhering to all traffic laws and DOT guidelines and regulations.
2. Transports members over the required route(s) to proper destination(s).
3. Loads and unloads or assist in the loading and unloading of members.
4. Performs Club required pre-trip inspection and forms. Reports any maintenance malfunctions to the Unit Director.
5. Responsible for timely and accurate reports, including daily mileage, attendance, safety checks, defect reports, and incident reports as required.
6. Adheres to established routes and times, adjusting as necessary when members are added or removed from the pickup/delivery schedule.
7. Make independent judgments, within stated objectives and guidelines, regarding unusual traffic/road conditions, and the proper course of action to take.
8. Deals effectively with member needs, supervising members entering, leaving, and while being transported on assigned routes and field trips.
9. Communicates member issues with Unit Director.
10. Effectively deals with parents, guardians, school personnel, and community members in a positive manner.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary.
2. Ability to attend staff meetings and driver meetings, classes, or training as required and requested.
3. Presents a uniformly positive image of programs and services during all informal community contacts as well as during regular workday activities.
4. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by the Unit Director, Director of Operations and the Chief Executive Officer.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities and the requirements by law.
1. Required to meet Department of Transportation physical and medical requirements and pass substance abuse and alcohol screening, and as a safety-sensitive employee, pass pre-employment alcohol and substance abuse screening and be subject to random substance abuse screening under Club policy.
2. Must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
3. Required to have a current CDL – Class A or B with either a P or S Endorsement
4. Must be insurable by a Club insurance carrier.
5. Current First Aid and CPR certificate or the ability to obtain certification and keep current.
6. Minimum of high school education with the experience, knowledge, and skills to safely operate a passenger bus/van.
7. Ability to work with people with disabilities.
8. A cleared background check from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) as a condition of continued employment.
9. Ability and willingness to work a varied schedule, as required.
10. Adherence to established dress standards and willingness to wear issued uniform.
11. Commitment to and its mission and the ability to work a team member and represent the Club in a professional manner.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: In order to perform this job successfully an individual must meet the physical requirement necessary to complete the essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, lift, twist, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and see, hear and communicate with sufficient acuity. The employee may be required to work/drive in an environment that includes inclement weather and extreme heat and/or cold. Ability to safely lift and/or carry 50 pounds and the ability to safely assist members on and off a variety of busses/vans. 4. Ability to drive varied distances daily and frequent sitting for long periods of time.
DISCLAIMER: The information presented indicates the general nature and eve of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designated to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to do this job.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $25.00 per hour
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Shelbyville, TN 37167: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Are you 21 years or older?
School bus driving: 1 year (Preferred)
Driver’s License (Required)
Class A or B with either a P or S Endorsement (Required)
Work Location: One location