Can I Use My Garmin Nuvi 350 For Geocaching?
In fact you’ll be able to!
The Garmin Nuvi 350 is ideal for geocaching in soooooo some ways:
- It is vitally correct. And that is the identify of the geocaching recreation. You need to have the ability to discover your goal, be it wedged in a tree, tucked behind a hedge, or swinging from a store signal.
- This can be very delicate. The Garmin 350 will retain its satellite tv for pc lock and proceed displaying you the best way even in case you go below timber, even when it’s important to stow it in your bag.
- It’s small – matches properly within the hand. It’s light-weight. So it is very comfy to hold with you as you zero in in your geocache.
- The display is an effective measurement, the show could be very clear. It is vitally straightforward to learn.
- The Garmin 350 shows easy-to-understand info with detailed 2D and 3D maps and as much as 500 approach factors.
- If you have already got one, there isn’t any studying curve – you already know methods to use it. If you do not have one, the training curve is extraordinarily shallow. This GPS could be very straightforward to determine.
- The Garmin 350 is primarily designed as a driving gps – that will help you drive to the place you are going. And it’s stellar at doing that. So, if it is advisable to drive for a part of your route, the Garmin 350 has that lined. As soon as on foot, you turn to ‘Pedestrian’ mode and once more, this 350 GPS does a superb job.
So for geocaching, the Garmin Nuvi 350 GPS could be very succesful. It does the discovering very properly certainly. Nevertheless, 3 issues make it lower than superb for geocaching:
- It isn’t waterproof. You are very more likely to get moist whereas out in your hunts. Until after all you reside and hunt within the dessert. Plastic luggage and packing containers can provide some safety, however actually you need the gps to be waterproof to make sure you do not kill it.
- Battery life. Whereas driving with Garmin 350, there isn’t any energy downside since you plug it into the automobile lighter and use automobile juice. Once you cease, nevertheless, you then have about 5 hours or so earlier than it is advisable to recharge. And naturally you don’t need your gps dying on you. This would not be an issue – perhaps only a minor inconvenience – in case you may merely take some spare batteries with you. However you’ll be able to’t. Not with the 350. As you’ll be able to see, this severely limits how far you’ll be able to go from the automobile. The battery life may additionally take away a few of the most tasty issues about geocaching – comparable to with the ability to discover new locations additional. Akin to, having found someplace superb, with the ability to determine proper there on the spot to cease and revel in it. With the 350 you are on the clock.
- Robustness. I do not understand how strong the Garmin350 is. The factor is, the extra geocaching you do, the extra the GPS will get knocked about. I do not know the way it will fare. I simply do not get the impression it should do properly.
Your Garmin Nuvi 350 can discover geocaches. No query about that.
I might not suggest you employ it for geocaching in the long run. In case you are beginning out and need to do a few largely city, in-town geocache hunts to see in case you prefer it, then do go forward. Take into consideration defending the GPS, although.
For normal, extra intrepid off-road geocaching, it is a a lot better financial system to easily purchase one other GPS that’s waterproof, strong, and both has lengthy battery life or batteries that may be modified.